Development Director - Australian Technology Park
9:50 AM CASE STUDY: Australian Technology Park Strategic Plan for Activating Land Use and Urban Regeneration of Historical Location
Australian Technology Park is bounded by the railway corridor and Redfern Railway Station. ATP is focused on supporting the growth and commercialisation of Australian technology businesses. Since its establishment in 1994, ATP has become the premier scientific and technological research and development facility in NSW, with more than 100 companies working in various fields of technological innovation. Mirvac group has secured the development approval of ATP and the Park Set to become a world-class technology and innovation hub that will bolster Sydney’s standing as a global city, the new precinct will deliver a state of the art work and lifestyle destination.
- Establishing the zone to encourage a mixture of economic activities that align to jobs, skills and home location
- Assessing key selection criteria for successful operation of a business park – access to transport, freight corridors, land for expansion and demand for critical mass employment
- Proximity to workforce – 30 minute commute to work which ultimately encourage an work, live and play atmosphere
11:30 AM PANEL DISCUSSION: Ensuring the Viability of Mixed Use Developments at the Planning and Concept Design Stages
Understanding the viability of mixed use developments can be exceedingly complex. The demand for residential space might be enough to drive up retail marketability or the scope of retail interest might inspire residential demand. Perhaps neither of these is true and other community/market factors are having influential effects. This panel discussion will look at ways of effectively designing mixed use developments to ensure they effectively meet the needs of the area in which they are built and are therefore viable.
- Understand the ways that the different uses of a mixed use development can integrate and potentially compliment each other
- Explaining the impact comprehensive market considerations are having on the success of mixed use developments
- Overcoming the technical design complexities that a mixed use project specifically presents, such as managing exhaust and adequately sharing parking between separate users